This course introduces Node.js to the experienced developer who wants more control, higher performance, effective security, and cross-platform support. You will learn how Node.js is built from a small but powerful core and how these low-level constructs can be used together to build complete, modern Web applications. You will learn how to use Express and Passport frameworks to build secure Web servers. Learn multiple ways of structuring large code bases and automating the development and operations tasks so that maintenance and deployments are as repeatable and consistent as possible.
This course uses MongoDB, Mongoose ODM(Object Document Mapper), and Mocha unit testing framework.
Note: You are required to bring your own laptop.
- Anyone who is building web applications and wants to take their applications to the next level
- Ideally, the attendee would be a developer familiar with HTML, CSS, and at least one other programming language
- Developers should know how to create a web page using a mix of HTML and CSS
- What Node.js is capable of and how it compares to other platforms
- Core Node.js library
- Access thousands more packages with npm, the Node.js package manager
- Store data in MongoDB using Mongoose to model your data
- Build modern Web applications with Express and Passport and Socket.IO
- Automate repetitive tasks by writing Gruntfiles
- Secure your servers and and user data
- Deploy to cloud providers