Getting the Right Vendor Evaluation Team
Dealing with vendors can be a frustrating aspect of a project manager's role-particularly during the evaluation stage where you don't have an established relationship. This short course will teach you how to create an effective vendor evaluation team to eliminate some of this frustration. You'll learn how many members your team needs, who should be on the team, and guidelines to approaching vendor selection. You'll also see how a vendor evaluation team project plan can help you identify roles and responsibilities, communicate effectively, and work toward your selection goal.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators,project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders,product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team memberswho want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
- Importance of the vendor evaluation team
- Select team members
- Establish evaluation policies and procedures
- Best practices for vendor evaluation team communication
1. Procurement and the project
2. The vendor evaluation team
- Determining size
- Determining members
3. Planning for vendor evaluation team success
- Policies, procedures, and vendor requirements
- Qualities to evaluate vendors
5. Vendor Specifics
- Communication plan
- Conveying the procurement process