Maximizing your Emotional Intelligence
As the pace of change continues to accelerate and the business environment becomes more complex and uncertain, leaders frequently find themselves under pressure to make critical decisions often with little information and timeï¿½and to produce results. The way you react in these difficult situations has a direct impact on your team, relationships with colleagues, and business performance.
To increase success, improve your awareness of your natural tendencies and identify strategies to manage your emotions and reactions to consistently produce more positive outcomes.
Leaders at all levels: vice presidents, directors, managers, and supervisors
Prework for this course should be completed three weeks in advance and brought to class.
- The challenges leaders are facing today
- The definition of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and the importance of it in today's business environment
- Personal strengths and development opportunities in relation to EI and your ability to succeed as a 21st century leader
- The tactics for deepening EI
- EI, EQ, and IQ
- EQ-i 2.0 Model of Emotional Intelligence
1. Understanding Your EQ-i Profile
- Leadership Potential
- Leadership Derailers
- Subscales and Balancing Your EI
- Well-Being Indicator
2. Developing Your EI
- Emotions and the Human Brain
- Responding vs. Reacting
3. Course Summary
- Suggested Activities
- Meeting with Your Leader - Agenda