MOC 20741: Networking with Windows Server 2016
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Understanding of core networking infrastructure components and technologies such as cabling, routers, hubs, and switches.
- Familiarity with networking topologies and architectures such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs) and wireless networking.
- Some basic knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol stack, addressing and name resolution.
- Experience with and knowledge of Hyper-V and virtualization.
- Hands-on experience working with the Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Implement IPv6.
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement software defined networking.
Module 1: Planning and implementing an IPv4 networkThis module explains how to plan and implement an IPv4 addressing scheme to support organizational needs. This module also explains how to use fundamental networking tools and techniques to configure and troubleshoot IPv4-based networks.
- Planning IPv4 addressing
- Configuring an IPv4 host
- Managing and troubleshooting IPv4 network connectivity
Lab : Planning an IPv4 network
Lab : Implementing and troubleshooting an IPv4 network
Module 2: Implementing DHCPThis module explains how to plan and implement DHCP to support the IPv4 infrastructure.
- Overview of the DHCP server role
- Deploying DHCP
- Managing and troubleshooting DHCP
Lab : Implementing DHCP
Module 3: Implementing IPv6This module explains how to implement IPv6, and how to integrate IPv6 and IPv4 networks.
- Overview of IPv6 addressing
- Configuring an IPv6 host
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
Lab : Implementing IPv6
Lab : Configuring and evaluating IPv6 transition technologies
Module 4: Implementing DNSThis module explains how to install, configure, and troubleshoot DNS within the organization’s network.
- Implementing DNS servers
- Configuring zones in DNS
- Configuring name resolution between DNS zones
- Configuring DNS integration with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Configuring advanced DNS settings
Lab : Planning and implementing name resolution by using DNS
Lab : Integrating DNS with Active Directory
Lab : Configuring advanced DNS settings
Module 5: Implementing and managing IPAMThis module explains how to implement and manage the IPAM feature in Windows Server 2016. This module also explains how to use IPAM to manage services such as DHCP and DNS.
- IPAM overview
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces by using IPAM
Lab : Implementing IPAM
Module 6: Remote access in Windows Server 2016This module explains how to plan for remote access in Windows Server 2016 and how to implement Web Application Proxy.
- Remote access overview
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
Lab : Implementing Web Application Proxy
Module 7: Implementing DirectAccessThis module explains how to implement and manage DirectAccess in Windows Server 2016.
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
Lab : Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
Lab : Deploying an advanced DirectAccess solution
Module 8: Implementing VPNsThis module explains how to implement and manage remote access in Windows Server 2016 by using VPNs.
- Planning VPNs
- Implementing VPNs
Lab : Implementing a VPN
Lab : Troubleshooting VPN access
Module 9: Implementing networking for branch officesThis module explains how to implement network services for branch offices.
- Networking features and considerations for branch offices
- Implementing Distributed File System (DFS) for branch offices
- Implementing BranchCache for branch offices
Lab : Implementing DFS for branch offices
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
Module 10: Configuring advanced networking featuresThis module explains how to implement an advanced networking infrastructure.
- Overview of high performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
Lab : Configuring advanced Hyper-V networking features
Module 11: Implementing software defined networkingThis module explains how to implement software defined networking.
- Overview of software defined networking
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller