Stress Management: Strategies & Techniques for Everyday Life
- Understand that stress is a positive, unavoidable part of everybodyâ€™s life
- Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload
- Identify those situations in your life that cause you the greatest stress
- Identify those actions which add to your stress
- Change the situations and actions that can be changed
- Deal better with situations and actions that canâ€™t be changed
- Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress
Defining Stress and How It Affects Us
Participants will discuss how they would currently handle stressful situations. Participants will also define stress, and will discuss the role of gender and health on stress.
What Is Stress About?
This session will explore the four things that stress is about. Participants will also learn about the positive effects of stress and what eustress is.
Building a Solid Foundation
Next, participants will learn about the four pillars of stress management. Special focus will be given to relaxation techniques.
This session will give participants two mental strategies to manage stress.
Stress at Work
During this session, participants will complete a stress inventory to help them identify areas of stress at work. Participants will also identify some solutions for work-related stress.
Time Management Tips
A little bit of planning can go a long way towards reducing stress. Participants will work in small groups to brainstorm ways of managing time.
Stress at Home
Next, participants will get some tips on running their household in a way that reduces stress, including budgeting, planning meals, general organization, and chores.
Drainers and Fillers
To wrap things up, participants will identify the things that drain and energize them. They will also take another look at the stressful situations from this morning to see how they might approach those situations differently now.
At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.