UCS Implementation and Design Lab Camp v5.0
This course is ideal for the engineer who has limited time to become proficient in designing, configuring, and administering a Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) environment. Designed for those who understand the basics of UCS server architecture, this course provides you with an opportunity to work with a complete UCS environment.
In order to maximize hands-on practice time, brief lectures will occur each morning, preparing you for the day's labs. The remaining time in class is dedicated to lab time, whereby each student is assigned a separate UCS environment.
Each UCS environment includes a Nexus 5k core, a pair of Fabric Interconnects, both B-Series and C-Series servers, Microsoft Hyper-V (2008 or 2012), VMware vSphere (v4.x, 5.0, 5.1, and 5.5), the Cisco Nexus 1000v (v1.5x and 2.2x), and Cisco's pass-through switching.
- System engineers and technicians who implement Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers and Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers
- Data center (LAN, SAN, Server) administrators, managers, designers, and engineers
- CCNA and DCUFI knowledge and experience
- CCNA DC equivalent knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with server operating systems, hypervisor, and virtualization
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking, SANs, Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP), and hypervisor technologies (VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix Xen)
Attendance of the following Cisco courses is recommended in order to fully benefit from this course:
- Evaluate the data center solution design, architecture, and components.
- Assess the requirements and performance of the data-center solution
- Cisco UCS hardware components and how to select the proper hardware
- Evaluate and design Cisco UCS solutions for LAN, SAN, and Virtual Access layer connectivity
- Cisco UCS B-Series and C-Series system architectures, hardware components, and field-installable options
- Cisco UCS server deployments
- Configure Cisco UCS B-Series blade servers with Cisco UCS Manager v2.2(1d) Configure Cisco UCS C-Series blade servers with Cisco IMC Implement service profiles and blade configuration for Microsoft Hyper-V (2008 and 2012) and VMware ESXi (v4.1, v5.0, v5.1 and v5.5)
- Management challenges in Cisco UCS data center server environments
- Cisco UCS components
- Configure Cisco UCS B-Series blade servers with Cisco UCS Manager
- Configure Cisco UCS C-Series blade servers with Cisco IMC (CIMC)
- Cisco UCS platform connectivity requirements
- Configure server profiles to allocate physical resources
- Configure maintenance tasks such as Syslog, LDAP, RBAC, and SNMP
- Configure high availability at the LAN, SAN, and server NIC level
- Troubleshoot common LAN and SAN connectivity and service-profile issues
- Configure Cisco Nexus 1000v v1.5.x or 2.2.x in VMware vSphere v4.1, v5.0, 5.1, or v5.5 environments
- Configure Cisco UCS Manager and VMware vSphere integration
- Configure, compare, and contrast Cisco's VM-FEX and VM-FEX with pass-through switching