Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2016 (M10986)
Update your SQL Server skills with this introduction to the new features of SQL Server 2016. Youï¿½ll learn the new features for performance, security, availability and scalability, reporting and Power BI, data access, and SQL Server OLAP, and youï¿½ll learn about new SQL Server cloud functionality.
GK Digital Learning is also available with digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC). Click here to purchase.
- Database professionals with experience in SQL Server 2014 who want to update their skills to SQL Server 2016.
- Those holding MCSA: SQL Server certification who want to prepare for the upcoming upgrade exam for SQL Server 2016 certification.
In addition to your professional experience, you should have the following technical knowledge:
- Experience building and managing database, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) solutions with SQL Server 2014.
- Familiarity with the Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system and networking.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
- Key capabilities and components of SQL Server 2016.
- New and enhanced features of SQL Server performance.
- New and enhanced features of SQL Server security.
- New features in SQL Server availability and scalability.
- New and enhanced features in reporting and Power BI in SQL Server 2016.
- New and enhanced features of data access.
- New and enhanced features in SQL Server OLAP.
- New SQL Server cloud functionality.
1. Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
2. Whatï¿½s New in SQL Server Performance
- Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
3. Whatï¿½s New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
4. Whatï¿½s New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Whatï¿½s New with tempdb?Using Windows Server 2016
- PowerShell 5.0
5. Whatï¿½s New in SQL Server Reporting and BI?
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
- Mobile Report Publisher
6. Whatï¿½s New in SQL Server Data Access?
- Enhancements to Integration Services
- Working with SSIS and Azure
7. New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- Whatï¿½s New in SQL Server Analysis Services
8. Whatï¿½s New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- Whatï¿½s New in SQL Server Azure Database