Word 2013: Part 2
This course is designed for students who wish to use Microsoft Word to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow them to customize those documents.
To ensure success, students should be comfortable in the Windows 8 environment, and be able to use Windows 8 to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders.
- Work with tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Use images in a document.
- Create custom graphic elements.
- Insert content using Quick Parts.
- Control text flow.
- Use templates.
- Use mail merge.
- Use macros.
Lesson 1: Working with Tables and Charts
- Topic A: Sort Table Data
- Topic B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic D: Create a Chart
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Topic A: Create and Modify Text Styles
- Topic B: Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Topic C: Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Using Images in a Document
- Topic A: Resize an Image
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic D: Insert and Format Screenshots
- Topic E: Insert Video
Lesson 4: Creating Custom Graphic Elements
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Draw Shapes
- Topic C: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 5: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Topic A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic B: Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Topic C: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 6: Controlling Text Flow
- Topic A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic C: Insert Columns
- Topic D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 7: Using Templates
- Topic A: Create a Document Using a Template
- Topic B: Create a Template
Lesson 8: Using Mail Merge
- Topic A: The Mail Merge Features
- Topic B: Merge Envelopes and Labels
- Topic C: Create a Data Source Using Word
Lesson 9: Using Macros
- Topic A: Automate Tasks Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro