XML: DTD and Schema Development
This course is intended for individuals such as entry-level XML developers and analysts
Students must possess basic XML skills. To that end we recommend they take our XML: An Introduction (4th Edition) course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify the basic principles of DTD design and validation.
- create a DTD.
- identify the basic principles of XML schema design and validation.
- create a schema document.
- restrict the value of XML elements.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with DTDs
- Topic 1A: Introduction to DTDs
- Topic 1B: Overview of DTD Design
- Topic 1C: Validate an XML Document with DTDs
- Lesson 2: Creating a DTD
- Topic 2A: Declare Elements in a DTD
- Topic 2B: Declare Attributes in a DTD
- Topic 2C: Create Entities
- Topic 2D: Create Modular DTDs
- Lesson 3: Getting Started with XML Schemas
- Topic 3A: Introduction to XML Schemas
- Topic 3B: Validate an XML Document with a Schema
- Lesson 4: Creating a Schema Document
- Topic 4A: Create Basic Schema Elements
- Topic 4B: Add Attribute Elements to a Schema Document
- Topic 4C: Create Attribute Groups
- Topic 4D: Create Modular Schemas
- Topic 4E: Create Additional Schema Elements
- Lesson 5: Restricting the Value of XML Elements
- Topic 5A: Maintain Unique Values in XML Elements
- Topic 5B: Restrict Values of XML Elements with Facets